A Dictionary of Neurological Signs [electronic resource] / by A.J. Larner
- Larner, A. J.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 4th ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XLI, 347 pages : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- A: Abadie’s Sign to Autotopagnosia -- B: Babinski’s Sign (1) to “Butt-First Manoeuvre” -- C: Cacogeusia to Czarnecki’s Sign -- D: Dalrymple’s Sign to Dystypia -- E: Ear Click to Eyelid Apraxia -- F: “Face-hand Test” to Funnel Vision -- G: Gag Reflex to Gynaecomastia -- H: Habit Spasm to Hypotropia -- I: Ice Pack Test to Itch -- J: Jacksonian March to Junctional Scotoma, Junctional Scotoma of Traquair -- K: Kayser-Fleischer Rings to Kyphoscoliosis -- L: Lagophthalmos to Luria Test -- M: Macrographia to Myotonia -- N: Narcolepsy, Narcoleptic Syndrome to Nystagmus -- O: Obscurations to Overflow -- P: Pagophagia to Pyramidal Signs, Pyramidal Syndrome, Pyramidal Weakness -- Q: Quadrantanopia to Quadrupedalism -- R: Rabbit Syndrome to Rubral Tremor -- S: Saccades to Synkinesia, Synkinesis -- T: “Table Top” Sign to Two-Point Discrimination -- U: Uhthoff’s Phenomenon to Utilization Behaviour -- V: Valsalva Manoeuvre to Vulpian’s Sign -- W: Waddling Gait to Wry Neck -- X: Xanthopsia to Xerophthalmia, Xerostomia -- Y: Yawning to Yo-yo-ing -- Z: Zeitraffer Phenomenon to Zoom Effect.
- This updated and expanded Fourth Edition is an alphabetical listing of commonly presenting neurological signs designed to guide the physician toward the correct clinical diagnosis. The dictionary is focused, problem-based and concise. The structured entries in this practical, clinical resource provide summaries of a wide range of neurological signs. Each entry includes: a definition of the sign; a brief account of the clinical technique required to elicit the sign; a description of the other signs which may accompany the index sign; an explanation of pathophysiological and/or pharmacological background; differential diagnosis; brief treatment details; and where known, the neuroanatomical basis of the sign. A Dictionary of Neurological Signs, Fourth Edition, is an indispensable reference for all students, trainees, and clinicians who care for patients with neurological disorders, and could also be used in preparation for exams, since each entry is a snapshot of a specific disorder or disease.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 17514128