The Surgery of Childhood Tumors [electronic resource] / edited by Robert Carachi, Jay L. Grosfeld
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- 3rd ed. 2016.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 770 pages 397 illustrations, 172 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Carachi, Robert, Grosfeld, Jay L., and SpringerLink (Online service)
- From the Contents: Epidemiology -- Tumor Biology and Environmental Carcinogenesis -- Genetics of Childhood Cancers and Surveillance -- Genetic Counselling and Inherited Cancers -- Tumor Markers –Imaging - Pathology -- Chemotherapy and Novel Cancers -- Targeted Therapies -- Radiotherapy -- Perinatal Tumors -- Renal Tumors -- Nephron-sparing Surgery -- Neuroblastoma and Other Adrenal Tumors -- Gastrointestinal Tumors -- Liver Tumors -- Benign and Malignant -- Tumors of the Pancreas and Bile Ducts -- Malignant Germ Cell Tumors -- Soft Tissue Sarcoma -- Lymphoma -- Melanoma -- Bone Tumors; Limb Salvage -- Head and Neck Tumors -- Brain Tumors, Intraoccular and Orbital Tumors -- Tumors of the Chest and the Lung -- Mediastinal Tumors -- Rare Tumors -- Reconstructive Surgery -- Complications -- Life Expectancy and Organ Dysfunction -- Transitional Care -- Management in Third World Countries -- Supportive Care -- Long Term Effects on Growth and Fertility -- New Treatments and New Strategies -- Training and Tumor Boards -- Parents’ Associations.
- Beginning with the scientific basis of tumors, this book provides up-to-date information on epidemiology, cytogenetics, and molecular biology, before examining current treatments for the full range of pediatric tumors. Integration of surgery, neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy, and radiation therapy is a dominant theme. In addition, chapters on supportive care, palliative care, and the role of parents’ associations reflect the book's holistic approach to treating children with cancer. The Surgery of Childhood Tumors is written by world-renowned international authorities on pediatric cancer from major children's cancer groups in the UK, Europe, and the US. Contributors discuss geographical variations in treatment for each type of tumor. Excellent full-color pictures and line drawings illustrate all aspects of managing childhood tumors, including details of operative techniques which are neglected in many other texts. This comprehensive book provides a contemporary approach for pediatric, general, and urological surgeons dealing with childhood tumors. Since the second edition, the book has been significantly expanded and updated in order to encompass the very latest developments and strategies in pediatric surgical oncology.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 17514290