- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Cryogenic fluid management technology is critical to the success of future nuclear thermal propulsion powered vehicles and long duration missions. This paper discusses current capabilities in key technologies and their development path. The thermal environment, complicated from the radiation escaping a reactor of a nuclear thermal propulsion system, is examined and analysis presented. The technology development path required for maintaining cryogenic propellants in this environment is reviewed. This paper is intended to encourage and bring attention to the cryogenic fluid management technologies needed to enable nuclear thermal propulsion powered deep space missions.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20150016543.
AIAA/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference (AIAA Propulsion and Energy Forum 2015); 27-29 Jul. 2015; Orlando, FL; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17531764