- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Discharge characteristics of a 40 cm, 2.45 GHz Electron Cyclotron Resonance (ECR) ion thruster discharge chamber and neutralizer were acquired. Thruster bulk discharge plasma characteristics were assessed using a single Langmuir probe. Total extractable ion current was measured as a function of input microwave power and flow rate. Additionally, radial ion current density profiles at the thruster.s exit plane were characterized using five equally spaced Faraday probes. Distinct low and high density operating modes were observed as discharge input power was varied from 0 to 200 W. In the high mode, extractable ion currents as high as 0.82 A were measured. Neutralizer emission current was characterized as a function of flow rate and microwave power. Neutralizer extraction currents as high as 0.6 A were measured.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20040000780.
AIAA Paper 2003-5012.
39th Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit; 20-23 Jul. 2003; Huntsville, AL; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17531951