- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- The unique advantage of OMI observations for the characterization of aerosol properties is the availability of radiance measurement at near UV wavelengths. In spite of its coarse spatial resolution, OMI's near UV observations make possible the characterization of aerosol absorption properties. This capability is unavailable in any of the currently operational high spatial resolution aerosol sensors. A unique decadal record of aerosol absorption optical depth and single scattering albedo from near UV observations has been produced from OMI observations. In this presentation we will review the evolution of OMI's aerosol retrieval capability over the past ten years including retrieval algorithm improvements, assessment of retrieved products, and development of new retrieval capabilities to infer the optical depth of aerosol layers located above clouds.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20150000357.
EOS Aura Science Team Meeting; 15-18 Sep. 2014; College Park, MD; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17532634