The Efficacy of Air Pollution Control Efforts : Evidence from AURA
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Observations of NO2, SO2, and H2CO from OMI on AURA provide an excellent record of pollutant concentrations for the past decade. Abatement strategies to control criteria pollutants including ozone and fine particulate matter (PM2.5) have met with varying degrees of success. Sulfur controls had a profound impact on local SO2 concentrations and a measurable impact on PM2.5. Although substantial effort has gone into VOC control, ozone in the eastern US has responded dramatically to NOx emissions controls.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20150000353.
EOS Aura Science Team Meeting; 15-18 Sep. 2014; College Park, MD; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17532637