Use of the NetBeans Platform for NASA Robotic Conjunction Assessment Risk Analysis
- Sabey, Nickolas J.
- September 28, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The latest Java and JavaFX technologies are very attractive software platforms for customers involved in space mission operations such as those of NASA and the US Air Force. For NASA Robotic Conjunction Assessment Risk Analysis (CARA), the NetBeans platform provided an environment in which scalable software solutions could be developed quickly and efficiently. Both Java 8 and the NetBeans platform are in the process of simplifying CARA development in secure environments by providing a significant amount of capability in a single accredited package, where accreditation alone can account for 6-8 months for each library or software application. Capabilities either in use or being investigated by CARA include: 2D and 3D displays with JavaFX, parallelization with the new Streams API, and scalability through the NetBeans plugin architecture.
- Other Subject(s):
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20140017407.
JavaOne 2014; 28 Sep.-2 Oct. 2014; San Francisco, CA; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution under U.S. Government purpose rights.
View MARC record | catkey: 17532881