- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- A modular thermodynamic simulation package called the Toolbox for the Modeling and Analysis of Thermodynamic Systems (T-MATS) has been developed for the creation of dynamic simulations. The T-MATS software is designed as a plug-in for Simulink(Trademark) and allows a developer to create system simulations of thermodynamic plants (such as gas turbines) and controllers in a single tool. Creation of such simulations can be accomplished by matching data from actual systems, or by matching data from steady state models and inserting appropriate dynamics, such as the rotor and actuator dynamics for an aircraft engine. This paper summarizes the process for creating T-MATS turbo-machinery simulations using data and input files obtained from a steady state model created in the Numerical Propulsion System Simulation (NPSS). The NPSS is a thermodynamic simulation environment that is commonly used for steady state gas turbine performance analysis. Completion of all the steps involved in the process results in a good match between T-MATS and NPSS at several steady state operating points. Additionally, the T-MATS model extended to run dynamically provides the possibility of simulating and evaluating closed loop responses.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20150000147.
AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference; 28-30 Jul. 2014; Cleveland, OH; United States.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17533180