High-Resolution Imaged-Based 3D Reconstruction Combined with X-Ray CT Data Enables Comprehensive Non-Destructive Documentation and Targeted Research of Astromaterials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available.
- Providing web-based data of complex and sensitive astromaterials (including meteorites and lunar samples) in novel formats enhances existing preliminary examination data on these samples and supports targeted sample requests and analyses. We have developed and tested a rigorous protocol for collecting highly detailed imagery of meteorites and complex lunar samples in non-contaminating environments. These data are reduced to create interactive 3D models of the samples. We intend to provide these data as they are acquired on NASA's Astromaterials Acquisition and Curation website at http://curator.jsc.nasa.gov/.
- NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) Collection.
- Document ID: 20140010680., JSC-CN-31842., and Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society; 7-12 Sep. 2014; Casablanca; Morocco.
- Copyright, Distribution as joint owner in the copyright.
View MARC record | catkey: 17533593