Obscure characters and minor lights of Scripture [electronic resource] / by Frederick Hastings
- Hastings, Frederick
- New York : Funk & Wagnalls, 1885.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (284 pages) ; 20 cm
- the last healed -- The Roman procurator's wife, or, Witness and warning -- Simon the Cyrenian, or, the companion of the cross -- Joseph, or, Secret discipleship -- Barabbas, or, unexpected release -- Barnabas, or The catholic-spirited disciple -- The Ephesian chancellor, or, Tumult and official calm.
Antipas, or, Reliable principles -- Manaen, or, Diverse destinies -- Adoni-Bezek, or, Righteous retribution -- Mnason, the aged Cypriote -- The prince of Meshech, or, Thought and sterling character -- Hushai, the Archite, or, A fateful meeting -- The young Levite, or, Rich content -- The son of Ner, or, Disappointed expectations -- Jashobeam, and courageous companions -- Abel's oracle, or Prudence and peaceableness -- Rizpah, or, Relative suffering -- Uzzah, or The danger of familiarity with sacred things -- The wife of the Kenite, or, Trust and treachery -- Abijah, or, Early piety & evil parentage -- Vashti, the divorced, not disgraced -- Cyrus, the divinely-directed deliverer -- The devout Damascene, or, Answered while asking -- Rebekah, or, The worth of life -- Hobab, or, Possible usefulness -- The Sycharite, or, Freshness in life -- The synagogue builder, or, The unworthiest the worthiest -- Malchus,
- Digital version created by EBSCO from ATLA microform.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in microform. ATLA.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Ipswich, MA : EBSCO, 2009. Electronic reproduction from microform master produced by the American Theological Library Association.
View MARC record | catkey: 17535492