The chemistry of cement and concrete / [by] F. M. Lea
- Lea, F. M. (Frederick Measham), 1900-1984
- [New York] : Chemical Publishing Co., Inc., 
- Copyright Date:
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiv,727 pages, 18 plates : illustrations ; 24 cm
- The history of calcareous cements -- Classification of cements -- Portland cements: raw materials and manufacturing processes -- Cement components and their phase relations -- The cementing qualities of the cement compounds -- The constitution of portland cement -- The burning of portland cement -- The proportioning of portland cement -- The hydration of portland cement -- The setting and hardening of portland cement -- The structure of cement compounds -- Action of acid and sulphate waters on portland cement -- Physical and mechanical properties of portland cement -- Pozzolanas and pozzolanic cements -- Cements made from blastfurnace slag -- High-alumina cement -- Some special cements and cement properties -- Concrete aggregates -- Resistance of concrete to natural destructive agencies -- Resistance of concrete to various organic and inorganic agents -- The examination of concrete failures.
- "First American edition 1971".
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 175758