The anatomy of a book. I, Format in the hand-press period [videorecording] / produced by Terry Belanger and Peter Herdrich ; written by Terry Belanger ; directed by Peter Herdrich
- Discusses book format and format identification in regard to books printed on the hand-press on hand-made paper. Identifies laid and wove papers, watermarks, and the folding of sheets folios, 4tos, 8vos, 12mos, and various other formats.
- Related Titles:
- Format in the hand-press period
- Workbook has imprint: New York City : Book Arts Press.
Accompanied by 3 each of these facsimile sheets: [1.] Folio format, laid paper, watermark and countermark; [2.] Quarto format, laid paper, watermark and countermark; [3.] Octavo format, laid paper, no watermark or countermark; [4.] Octavo in half-sheet imposition, laid paper, no watermark or countermark; [5.] Duodecimo by cutting, laid paper, watermark, no countermark; [6.] Duodecimo by half-sheet imposition laid paper, no watermark or countermark. Also 10 sheets of schematic chainlines/watermark/countermark paper.
In container: 59 x 48 cm.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Edited by Frederick Staab ; camera, Gregory Andracke.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Terry Belanger.
- Technical Details:
- VHS format.
View MARC record | catkey: 1758259