The State water plan : Subbasin 4 : Upper Susquehanna River / prepared by Office of Resources Management, Bureau of Resources Programming, Division of Comprehensive Resources Programming
- Corporate Author:
- Pennsylvania. Division of Comprehensive Resources Programming
- Harrisburg : The Division, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 172 pages : illustrations, maps ; 28 cm
- SUMMARY AND RECOMMENDATIONS: Flood damage reduction -- Water-related outdoor recreation -- Wild and scenic rivers -- Water quality -- Water supply -- GOALS AND OBJECTIVES: Water supply -- Flood damage reduction -- Outdoor recreation -- Water quality management -- Environmental quality -- PHYSICAL FEATURES AND RESOURCES: Basin orientation -- Climate -- Hydrology -- Topography -- Geology and groundwater-- Mineral resources -- Soils -- Forest resources -- Fish, waterfowl, and furbearer resources -- SOCIO-ECONOMIC FEATURES: Historical setting -- Economy and employment -- Population -- Transportation -- Land Use -- WATER RESOURCES PROBLEMS AND SOLUTION ALTERNATIVES: Water uses -- Flood damage reduction --Water-related outdoor recreation -- Wild and scenic rivers -- Water quality -- Erosion and sedimentation -- PRINCIPAL PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS AND ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL IMPACTS OF STRUCTURAL ALTERNATIVES: Potential multipurpose Corps of Engineers Projects -- Potential consumptive use makeup alternatives -- Projects recommended for water supply or flood control.
- At head of title: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Environmental Resources, Resources Management.
Geologic map in pocket.
Folded map in pocket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 176349