Mongol Khans and their legacy [map] / produced by the Cartographic Division, National Geographic Society ; Allen Carroll, director of cartography ; John F. Shupe, chief cartographer
- Corporate Author:
- National Geographic Society (U.S.). Cartographic Division
- Additional Titles:
- Great peoples of the past, Mongol Khans and their legacy, Great peoples of the past, the Mongols, and Panel title, Mongols
- Washington, D.C. : The Society, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 57 x 61 cm, on sheet 57 x 95 cm, folded to 15 x 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Shupe, John F., Carroll, Allen, and National Geographic Society (U.S.). Cartographic Division
- Related Titles:
- National geographic Supplement
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:18,500,000 ; Orthographic projection, centered on 34 0N and 86 0E. (E 0 0--E 150 0/N 90 0--S 30 0).
- Shows Mongol military routes.
Also shows major battle sites, the probable route of Marco Polo, and the route of Rabban Sauma.
"Supplement to National Geographic, December, 1996".
Includes text, descriptive historical notes, 3 ancillary maps, col. ill., and genealogical chart.
Relief shown by shading.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Design, Sally S. Summerall ; relief, John A. Bonner ; research, Debbie J. Gibbons, Jennifer J. Iscol ; edit, Eric A. Lindstrom, David B. Miller ; text author, Larry L. Kohl ; text researcher, Carolyn H. Anderson.
View MARC record | catkey: 1763512