Proportio / curators, Daniela Ferretti, Axel Vervoordt ; catalogue edited by Luc Derycke, Axel Vervoordt
- Ghent : Axel & May Vervoordt Foundation in association with MER. Paper Kunsthalle, 
- Physical Description:
- 435 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 30 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ferretti, Daniela, Vervoordt, Axel, 1947-, Derycke, Luc, Museo Fortuny, Fondazione Musei civici di Venezia, and Vervoordt Foundation
- Introduction / Walter Hartsarich -- A tribute to Luca Pacioli / Daniela Ferretti -- Proportio trialogue / René de Bartiral, Tatsuro Miki & Axel Vervoordt -- Man the measure of all things / Francesco Poli -- The proportio pavilions / Tatsuro Miki -- Proportions and hemp / Jorgen Hempel -- From chaos to harmony / Eddi de Wolf -- The golden brain / Ludovica Lumer & Susan Sherkow -- Jain proportion / Gira Gratier -- The chemistry of proportion / Daniel de Belder -- Micro macro / Spyros Papapetros -- Harmonic ratios / Giulio D'Alessio -- Ten thousand stars / Marina Abramović -- A thrown bridge / Mireille Capelle -- Illustrations -- Annotated illustrations.
- 'Proportio' features specially commissioned artworks by contemporary artists, 20th century masterpieces, Old Master paintings, archaeological artefacts, as well as architectural models and a large library of historical books on proportions. All these works provide a lens to help us see what proportion can teach us about the essential design of the present and how we can use this knowledge to create a blueprint for the future. This exhibition is an opportunity to explore universal proportions and an invitation to reflect upon the interconnectedness of our universe. 'Proportio' includes newly commissioned installations by contemporary artists such as Marina Abramovíc, Anish Kapoor, Massimo Bartolini, Rei Naito, Michaël Borremans, Ettore Spaletti, along with existing masterpieces by Ellsworth Kelly, Carl André and Sol Lewitt, as well as antiquities, Old Masters and antique architectural models.
- 9789491775833 (English version)
9491775839 (English version)
- Statement of responsibility from colophon.
Catalog of an exhibition held May 9-November 22, 2015 at the Palazzo Fortuny, Venice.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 17733695