Coral reefs and the discovery of new resources on a blue planet
- [Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania?] : The MediaPreserve, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (28 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Pierce, Robert, 1936-
Smithsonian Institution. Office of Telecommunications
- Chronicles the odyssey of a dozen Smithsonian scientists to remote areas of the Caribbean where they examine coral reefs. High-quality underwater cinematography reveals previously unstudied reef formations. Back in the laboratory, the scientists attempt to re-create these productive ecosystems and apply their knowledge to enhance the world's food supply. Blue Ribbon winner, American Film Festival.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file DVD video
- Originally released on 16mm film by the Smithsonian Institution and Churchill Films in 1985.
Use copy of film content now fragile in original format. Media conversion undertaken based on Fair Use analysis. Copy created March 18, 2016.
Penn State users only. Not for Interlibrary Loan.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Directed by Robert Pierce and Karen Loveland.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 17741906