- Tetsudō kyōsō sugoroku
- Additional Titles:
- Ichiman-mairu kinen tetsudō kyōsō sugoroku and 壹萬哩記念鐵道競爭双六
- [Ōsaka] : [Ōsaka Mainichi Shinbunsha], Taishō jūshinen ichigatsu tsuitachi hakkō [January 1, 1925]
[大坂] : [大坂毎日新聞社], 大正十四年一月一日發行 [January 1, 1925].
- Physical Description:
- 1 game (1 board) : paper, color ; 72 x 107 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ōsaka Mainichi Shinbunsha and 大阪每日新聞社
- Published as a supplement to a newspaper, Ōsaka mainichi shinbun, issue no. 14943, on January 1st, 1925, to commemorate the competition on national railways, organized by two newspaper companies, including this publisher, earlier on, according to the note on the sheet. The game is a version of the Japanese board game Sugoroku, similar to the western Snakes and ladders, using Japan's railroad system as the basis for gameplay. The game board is a stylized map of Japan with superimposed railroad maps. Includes numerous illustrations and captions depicting regional life and customs, including professions and industries, local attractions (such as hot springs), agriculture, sea life, and food.
- Related Titles:
- Ōsaka mainichi shinbun
- Japanese game with railroad travel theme.
Title from caption.
Text in red at head of title: Ichiman-mairu kinen.
Horizontal text written right-to-left.
Rare Books copy: Accompanied by a reproduction.
Text in red at head of title: 壹萬哩記念.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased from Ursus Books; 2016.
View MARC record | catkey: 17749751