The elements of aircraft preliminary design / Roger D. Schaufele
- Schaufele, Roger D.
- Additional Titles:
- Aircraft preliminary design
- Santa Ana, California : Aries Publications, 2000.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 356 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Review of basic concepts -- The aircraft product development process -- Preliminary estimate of maximum takeoff weight -- Preliminary wing design -- Preliminary fuselage design -- Horizontal and vertical tail sizing -- Landing gear design -- Engine sizing and arrangement -- Preliminary 3-view layout drawing -- Preliminary weight and balance calculations -- Low speed lift curves and maximum lift coefficients -- Detailed drag buildup for cruise, takeoff, and landing -- Operational envelope and estimated aircraft buffet boundary -- Design airload requirements and design airspeeds -- Payload-range performance -- FAR required takeoff field length -- FAR climb gradient requirements -- FAR required landing field length -- Aircraft pricing and direct operating cost -- FAR aircraft noise requirements -- Design optimization and trade studies -- Program business planning.
- 0970198604 (hardback)
- "This book has been developed from a set of lecture notes and handouts for a one-semester 3 credit hour course ... The basic purpose of the course, and of this book, is to teach students the concepts and procedures associated with the aircraft preliminary design process, and through the examples and homework assignments, allow each student to do a preliminary design of an aircraft for a set of requirements selected by the student."--Preface.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17749840