Studia Biblica et ecclesiastica [electronic resource] : essays chiefly in Bibliocal and patristic criticism / by members of the University of Oxford
- Oxford : Clarendon Press, 1885-96.
- Physical Description:
- 5 volumes : illustrations, facsimiles
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Vol. 1. Driver, S.R. Recent theories on the origin and nature of the Tretragrammaton; Woods, F.H. The light thrown by the Septuagint version on the Books of Samuel., Neubauer, Adolf. On the dialects spoken in Palestine in the time of Christ; Edersheim, Alfred. On a new theory of the origin and composition of the Synoptic Gospels proposed by G. Wetzel; Sanday, William. A commentary on the Gospels attributed to Theophilus of Antioch; Sanday, William. The text of the Codex Rossanensis ([sigma]) Woodsworth, John, Bp. The Corbey St. James (ff) and its relation to Latin versions, and to the original language of the Epistle; Gwilliam, G.H. A syriac Biblical manuscript of the fifth century with special reference to its bearing on the text of the Syriac version of the Gospels; Randell, Thomas. The date of S. Polycarp's martyrdom; Neubauer, Adolf. on some newly-discovered Temanite and Nabataean inscriptions; Sanday, William. Some further remarks on the Corbey St. James (ff)- Vol. 2. Neubauer, Adolf. The authorship and titles of the Psalms according to early Jewish authorities; Woods, F.H. The origin and mTtual relations of the Synoptic Gospels; Turner, C.H. The day and year of St. Polycarp's martyrdom; Bigg, Charles. The Clementine Homilies; Bebb, L.J.M. The evidence of the early versions and patristic quotations on the text of the books of the New Testament; Swilliam, G.H. The Ammonian Sections, Eusebian Canons, and harmonizing tables in the Syriac Tetraevagelium, with notices of Peshitto and other MSS. which exhibit these accessories of the text; White, H.J. The Codex Amiatinus and its birthplace.- Vol. 3. Neubauer, Adolf. The introduction of the square characters in Biblical MSS., and an account of the earliest MM. of the Old Testament; Gore, Charles, Bp. The argument of Romans IXXI; Swilliam, G.H. The materials for the criticism of the Peshitto New Testament, with specimens of the Syriac Massorah; Woods, F.H. An examination of the New Testament quotations of Ephrem Syrus; Rackham, R.B. The text of the Canons of Ancyra; Sanday, William. The Cheltenham list of the canonical books of the Old and New Testament and of the writings of Cyprian.- Vol. 4. Hicks, E.L., Bp. St. Paul and Hellenism; Ramsay, Sir W.M. The 'Galatia' of St. Paul and the 'Galatic territory' of Acts; Nicodemus, Gospel of - Acta Pilati; [ed. by] F.C. Conybeare; Bussell, F.W. The prupose of the world-process and the problem of evil as explained in the Clementine and Lactantian writings in a system of subordinate dualism; Watson, E.W. The style and language of St. Cyprian.- Vol. 5. Wardrop, Margery and Wardrop, J.O., trs. Life of St. Nino; Lake, Kirsopp, ed. Texts from Mount Athos; Gwilliam, G.H. The place of the Peshitto version in the apparatus criticus of the Creek New Testament; Rogers, C.F. Baptism and Christiam archaeology.
- Vol. 1 has title: Studia Biblica ; essays in Biblical archaeology and criticism, and kindred subjects ...
- Other Forms:
- Digitized and made available by: University of Toronto Libraries
View MARC record | catkey: 17750083