The native world-system : an ethnography of Bolivian Aymara traders in the global economy / Nico Tassi
- Tassi, Nico
- New York : Oxford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 246 pages : illustrations, maps ; 21 cm.
- Issues of globalization : case studies in contemporary anthropology
- Introduction : 'on our own terms' : indigenous traders in the global economy -- Indigenous institutions regulating "popular" markets -- Kinship networks as chains of supply and distribution -- The Chinese connection : an interstitial global economy "under the radar of the law" -- "Revolving capital" : Aymara cosmoeconomics in global trading practices -- "Individual capital" and collective relations in business administration -- The economic strategies of the Aymara world-system -- The upsurge of Aymara traders : an indigenous project of social affirmation.
- 9780190255220 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
0190255226 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 208-227) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17750293