Keeping the faith : religious belief in an age of science / Thomas J. Schoenbaum
- Schoenbaum, Thomas J.
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 208 pages ; 23 cm
- The controversy between science and religion -- Creationism and the Constitution -- The world of science -- The world of religion -- The world of philosophy -- Faith and reason.
- "This book explores the modern relationship between religion and science, highlighting the public backlash over teaching evolution in U.S. public schools as an example of the conflict between religious faith and scientific reason. The author evaluates the middle ground between the two most extreme arguments, arguing that it is possible for science and religion to exist in harmony. The book also provides an analysis of 10 world religions, including Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, and Buddhism, revealing how each finds compatibility with differing religions and scientific doctrine." --Book Jacket.
- 9780786431731 (softcover ; alk. paper)
0786431733 (softcover ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 203-204) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17750541