Pyritologia, or, A history of the pyrites [microform] : the principal body of the mineral kingdom : in which are considered its names, species, beds and origin; its iron, copper, unmettalic earth, sulphur, arsenic, silver, gold, original particles, vitriol and use in smelting : the whole compiled from a collection of samples, from visiting mines, from an intercourse and correspondence with naturalists and miners but chiefly from a course of chemical inquiries : with a preface, containing an account of the advantages arising from mini-works in general, and particular from those of Saxony / translated from the German of J. F. Henckel
- Henckel, J. F. (Johann Friedrich), 1678 or 1679-1744
- Uniform Title:
- Pyritologia, oder, Kieshistorie als des vornehmsten Minerals. English
- London : Printed for A. Millar and A. Linde, 1757.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 376 pages ; 21 cm
- Related Titles:
- History of the pyrites
- Translation of: Pyritologia, oder, Kieshistorie als des vornehmsten Minerals.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Micro-opaque. New York : Readex Microprint, 1969. -- 5 cards ; 23 x 15 cm. (Landmarks of science).
View MARC record | catkey: 1780133