A system of experimental philosophy prov'd by mechanicks [microform] : wherein the principles and laws of physicks, mechanicks, hydrostatiks, and optiks, are demonstrated and explained at large by a great number of curious experments ... / as performed by J.T. Desaguliers ; to which is added Sir Isaac Newton's Colours ; the description of the condensing engine, with its apparatus ; and Royley's Horary, a machine representing the motion of the moon about the earth, Venus and Mercury about the Sun, according to the Copernian system
- Desaguliers, J. T. (John Theophilus), 1683-1744
- London : Printed for B. Creake, J. Sackfield and sold by W. Mears, 1719.
- Physical Description:
- 201 pages, 10 unnumbered folded leaves of plates : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Subtitle: With a full description of the air pump and the several experiments thereon : and also of the different species of barometers, thermometers and hydrometers as shewn at the publick lectures in a course of mechanical and experimental philosophy.
- Reproduction Note:
- Micro-opaque. New York : Readex Microprint, 1968. 3 cards ; 23 x 15 cm. (Landmarks of science).
View MARC record | catkey: 1781604