Studies in the theory of descent [microform] / by August Weismann ... with notes and additions by the author; translated and edited, with notes, by Raphael Meldola ... with a prefatory notice by Charles Darwin ... with eight coloured plates
- Weismann, August, 1834-1914
- Uniform Title:
- Studien zur Descendenz-Theorie. English
- London : Sampson Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1882.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes (xxxvi, 729 pages, VIII folded leaves of color plates) : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Meldola, Raphael, 1849-1915
- pt. 1. On the seasonal dimorphism of butterflies -- pt. 2-3. On the final causes of transformation: 1. The origin of the markings of caterpillars. 2. On phyletic parallelism in metamorphic species. 3. The transformation of the Mexican axolati into amblystoma. 4. On the mechanical conception of nature.
- Translation of: Studien zur Descendenz-Theorie.
Paged continuously; v. 1: xxxvi, 400; v. 2: 1 p. l., 401-729,  p.
Master microform held by: Readex.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. New York, N.Y. : Readex Microprint Corporation, 19--.
View MARC record | catkey: 1782690