An account of experiments to determine the figure of the earth by means of the pendulum vibrating seconds in different latitudes [microform] : as well as on various other subjects of philosophical inquiry / by Edward Sabine ... printed at the expense of the Board of Longitude
- Sabine, Edward, Sir, 1788-1883
- London : J. Murray, 1825.
- Physical Description:
- xv pages, 1 leaf, 509 pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 3 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations, 3 maps (2 folded) ; 24 x 28 cm
- Experiments for determining the variation in the length of the seconds' pendulum. I. With detached invariable pendulums. II. With attached invariable pendulums. Latitudes of the pendulum stations. Application of the observed variation in the length of the seconds' pendulum to the determination of the figure of the earth -- Geographical notes. Longitudes of the pendulum stations -- Hydrographical notices -- Experiments for determining the variation in the intensity of terrestrial magnetism -- Atmospheric notices.
- Master microform held by: Readex.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microopaque. New York, N.Y. : Readex Microprint Corporation, 1972. 6 microopaques ; 15 x 23 cm. (Landmarks of science).
View MARC record | catkey: 1785223