Theory and method in biblical and cuneiform law : revision, interpolation and development / edited by Bernard M. Levinson
- Sheffield, Eng. : Sheffield Academic Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 207 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Levinson, Bernard M. (Bernard Malcolm)
- Introduction / Bernard M. Levinson -- What is the Covenant Code? / Raymond Westbrook -- The case for revision and interpolation with the biblical legal corpora / Bernard M. Levinson -- Some issues relating to the comparability of laws and the coherence of the legal tradition / Samuel Greengus -- Legal science and legislation / Martin J. Buss -- Ancient Near Eastern laws : continuity and pluralism / Sophie Lafont -- The anthropology of slavery in the Covenant Code / Victor H. Matthews -- A generic discrepancy in the Covenant Code / William Morrow -- Who is the evolutionist? / Dale Patrick -- Aspects of legal reforms and reformulations in ancient cuneiform and Israelite law / Eckart Otto.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 1786235