New experiments and observations on electricity [microform] : made at Philadelphia in America / by Benjamin Franklin ; and communicated in several letters to Peter Collinson, of London
- Franklin, Benjamin, 1706-1790
- London : Printed and sold by D. Henry and R. Cave, 1754-1762.
- The third edition.
- Physical Description:
- 3 parts in 1 volume (ii, 154 pages, 1 unnumbered folded leaf of plates) : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Colden, David, 1733-1784 and Canton, John, 1718-1772
- Paged continuously., Pt. II : Printed by R. Cave, 1762., Pt. 3: 1st ed., published 1754., Pt. III t.p.: New experiments ... communicated to P. Collinson and read at the Royal Society June 27, and July 4, 1754. To which are added a paper on the same subject by J. Canton and read at the Royal Society Dec. 6, 1753; and another in defence of Mr. Franklin against the Abbe Nollet, by Mr. D. Colden, of New York., "Remarks on the Abbe Nollet's Letters on electricity to Benj. Franklin, Esq; of Philadelphia, by David Colden of New York": p. -142., and "Electrical experiments, with an attempt to account for their several phenomena; together with some observations on thunder-clouds, in further confirmation of Mr. Franklin's observations on the positive and negative electrical state of the clouds, by John Canton": p. -154.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Reproduction Note:
- Micro-opaque. New York : Readex Microprint, 1974. 3 cards ; 23 x 15 cm. (Landmarks of science).
View MARC record | catkey: 1787181