Sugarcane-based biofuels and bioproducts / edited by Ian M. O'Hara and Sagadevan G. Mundree
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 385 pages ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- O'Hara, Ian M. and Mundree, Sagadevan G., 1946-
- SUGARCANE FOR BIOFUELS AND BIOPRODUCTS: The sugarcane industry, biofuel, and bioproduct perspectives / Ian M. O'Hara -- Sugarcane biotechnology: tapping unlimited potential / Sudipta S. Das Bhowmik et al. -- BIOFUELS AND BIOPRODUCTS: Fermentation of sugarcane juice and molasses for ethanol production / Cecilia Laluce et al. -- Production of fermentable sugars from sugarcane bagasse / Zhanying Zhang, Mark D. Harrison and Ian M. O'Hara -- Chemicals manufacture from fermentation of sugarcane products / Karen T. Robins and Robert B. Speight -- Mathematical modeling of xylose production from hydrolysis of sugarcane bagasse / Ava Greenwood, Troy Farrell and Ian M. O'Hara -- Hydrothermal liquefaction of lignin / Kameron G. Dunn and Philip A. Hobson -- Conversion of sugarcane carbohydrates into platform chemicals / Darryn W Rackemann, Zhanying Zhang and William O.S. Doherty -- Cogeneration of sugarcane bagasse for renewable energy production / Anthony P. Mann -- Pulp and paper production from sugarcane bagasse / Thomas J. Rainey and Geoff Covey -- Sugarcane-derived animal feed / Mark D. Harrison -- SYSTEMS AND SUSTAINABILITY: Integrated first- and second-generation processes for bioethanol production from sugarcane / Marina O. de Souza Dias et al. -- Greenhouse gas abatement from sugarcane bioenergy, biofuels, and biomaterials / Marguerite A. Renouf -- Environmental sustainability assessment of sugarcane bioenergy / Shabbir H. Gheewala, Sebastien Bonnet and Thapat Silalertruksa.
- Sugarcane has garnered much interest for its potential as a viable renewable energy crop. While the use of sugar juice for ethanol production has been in practice for years, a new focus on using the fibrous coproduct known as bagasse for producing renewable fuels and bio-based chemicals is growing in interest. The success of these efforts, and the development of new varieties of energy canes, could greatly increase the use of sugarcane and sugarcane biomass for fuels while enhancing industry sustainability and competitiveness. --
Sugarcane-Based Bofuels and Bioproducts examines the development of a suite of established and developing biofuels and other renewable products derived from sugarcane and sugarcane-based coproducts, such as bagasse. The chapters provide a broad-ranging coverage of sugarcane biology, biotechnological advances, and breakthroughs in production and processing techniques. --
This text brings together essential information regarding the development and utilization of new fuels and bioproducts derived from sugarcane. Authored by experts in the field, Sugarcane-Based Biofuels and Bioproducts is an invaluable resource for researchers studying biofuels, sugarcane, and plant biotechnology as well as for sugar and biofuels industry personnel. --
Overviews technology for the development and production of sugarcane-based biofuels --
Explores conversion of both sugar and sugarcane residues, such as bagasse, into renewable fuels and bioproducts --
Reviews biotechnological advances leading to improved sugarcane-based biomass resources --
Provides information for both researchers and industry personnel --Book Jacket.
- 9781118719916 hardcover
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17943548