Iterative optimization in inverse problems / Charles L. Byrne, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, USA
- Byrne, Charles L., 1947-
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : text file, PDF
- 1. Background -- 2. Sequential optimization -- 3. Barrier-function and penalty-function methods -- 4. Proximal minimization -- 5. The forward-backward splitting algorithm -- 6. Operators -- 7. Averaged and paracontractive operators -- 8. Convex feasibility and related problems -- 9. Eigenvalue bounds -- 10. Jacobi and Gauss-Seidel methods -- 11. The SMART and EMML algorithms -- 12. Alternating minimization -- 13. The EM algorithm -- 14. Geometric programming and the MART -- 15. Variational inequality problems and algorithms -- 16. Set-valued functions in optimization -- 17. Fenchel duality -- 18. Compressed sensing.
- "This book covers iterative optimization methods that stems from inverse problems and related issues. The author presents the theoretical side of inverse methods and as a result ignores discrete problems, stochastic methods, and combinatorial optimization. The coverage moves from an introduction of auxiliary function methods to a discussion of several examples of auxiliary fixed (AF) point methods in optimization to consideration of related topics such as operator fixed point methods. A few problems have been scattered throughout the book so that it might be used in a special topics class on optimization at the graduate level"--
- 9781482222340 (e-book : PDF)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in print format.
View MARC record | catkey: 17943896