Tchaikovsky & Shakespeare
- Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893
- Uniform Title:
- Orchestra music. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- Tchaikovsky and Shakespeare
- Hamburg : Deutsche Grammophon, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616
Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893
Orquesta Sinfónica Simón Bolívar
- Hamlet : fantasy overture after Shakespeare, op. 67 (18:39) -- The tempest : symphonic fantasy after Shakespeare, op. 18 (24:42) -- Romeo and Juliet : fantasy after Shakespeare (22:14).
- Gustavo Dudamel conducts symphonic pieces derived from Shakespeare as reimagined in music by Tchaikovsky. Unlike the fantasy overture, Romeo and Juliet, and The Tempest, which are program pieces, Hamlet is more mysterious and less literal in the way its thematic material is developed. All three are luminously beautiful. In every case, Dudamel elicits the most appropriate interpretations imaginable from his electrifying Simon Bolivar Symphony Orchestra.
- ["00:18:39", "00:24:42", "00:22:14"]
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Simón Bolívar Symphony Orchestra of Venezuela ; Gustavo Dudamel, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 2010 February Sala Simón Bolívar, Centro de Acción Social por la Música, Caracas.
View MARC record | catkey: 17944697