Ethics and experiments : problems and solutions for social scientists and policy professionals / edited by Scott Desposato
- New York ; London : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Desposato, Scott
- Routledge studies in experimental political science ; 1
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction / Scott Desposato -- pt. I Contextual Challenges for Experimentalists -- 2.The Ethics of Exclusion When Experimenting in Impoverished Settings / Hastings Honde -- 3.Ethics for Experimental Manipulation of Religion / Richard A. Nielsen -- 4.Religion, Experiments, and Ethical Concerns / Jonathan Rogers -- 5.Prison States and Games of Chicken / Jesse Driscoll -- pt. II Local Ethical Review When Conducting Experiments Internationally -- 6.The Value and Challenges of Using Local Ethical Review in Comparative Politics Experiments / Raul Madrid Jr. -- 7.Ethical Challenges in Comparative Politics Experiments in China / Xiaobo Lu -- 8.Local Review: Confronting the Brazilian Black Box / Scott Desposato -- 9.Ethical Perspectives in Countries Without an Institutional Review Board: The Case of Mexico / Rosario Aguilar -- pt. III The Ethical Challenges of Field Experiments -- 10.Obligated to Deceive? Aliases, Confederates, and the Common Rule in International Field Experiments / Daniel Nielson -- 11.Considering the Political Consequences of Comparative Politics Experiments / Joel S. Selway -- 12.Information and Power: Ethical Considerations of Political Information Experiments / Brigitte Zimmerman -- 13.Conducting Research With NGOs: Relevant Counterfactuals From the Perspective of Subjects / Susan D. Hyde -- 14.Manipulating Elites / Edmund J. Malesky -- 15.Field Experiments on Elected and Public Officials: Ethical Obligations and Requirements / Christian R. Grose -- pt. IV Strategies for Moving Forward -- 16.Human Subjects Protection and Large-N Research: When Exempt is Non-Exempt and Research is Non-Research / Mitchell A. Seligson -- 17.Ethics and Research in Political Science: The Responsibilities of the Researcher and the Profession / Elizabeth J. Zechmeister -- 18.Journal Editors as Ethics Sheriffs / John Ishiyama -- 19.Conclusion and Recommendations / Scott Desposato.
- 9781317438663 electronic bk.
1317438663 electronic bk.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17949260