Urbanizing China in war and peace : the case of Wuxi County / Toby Lincoln
- Lincoln, Toby, 1976-
- Honolulu : University of Hawaiʻi Press, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 268 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- The "Little Shanghai": urbanization of Wuxi City -- Elites and infrastructure: urbanization of the countryside -- Local elites and the state: managing Wuxi during the Warlord Era -- Abolish the county to establish the city (fei xian wei shi) -- The nationalist state and rural infrastructure -- A connected city: native place societies, migration, and disaster relief -- Threads of silk: economic recovery in occupied Wuxi -- The utility of rubble: rebuilding the city and the countryside -- The militarized environment: Japanese impact on daily life.
- 9780824841003 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
082484100X (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 237-259) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17950148