Little Chicago : a history of organized crime in New Kensington, Pennsylvania / Dennis L. Marsili
- Marsili, Dennis L.
- [Indiana, PA] : Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2015.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 198 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Part one: Birth of aluminum and the Mafia. The river crossing -- Il diaspora. -- Part two: Organized crime hits New Kensington. "Taken for a ride" -- The Mannarino organization -- $2 million operation -- Cuba, Canada, and other misadventures. -- Part three: The characters of New Kensington. The Mercurios -- Saints and sinners. -- Part four: Little Chicago then and now. "It was easy to live then ..." -- Little Chicago, the legacy.
- Tells the story of how the Mannarino brothers of New Kensington became influential power-brokers in the arena of organized crime, eventually joining ranks with La Cosa Nostra. -- Back cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 194-196).
View MARC record | catkey: 17954309