George Lucas : a life / Brian Jay Jones
- Jones, Brian Jay
- New York : Little, Brown and Company, 2016.
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 550 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
- Prologue: Out of control, March 1976 -- Part I: Hope, 1944-1973 -- Scrawny little devil, 1944-1962 -- Geeks and nerds, 1962-1966 -- The right horse, 1967 -- Radicals and hippies, 1967-1971 -- American graffiti, 1971-1973 -- Part II: Empire, 1973-1983 -- Bleeding on the page, 1973-1976 -- "I have a bad feeling about this", 1976-1977 -- Striking back, 1977-1979 -- Darkening skies, 1979-1983 -- Part III: Return, 1983-2016 -- Empty flash, 1983-1994 -- A digital universe, 1994-1999 -- Cynical optimism, 1999-2005 -- Letting go, 2005-2016.
- "The best-selling author of Jim Henson: The Biography traces the story of the man behind such blockbuster franchises as Star Wars and Indiana Jones, offering insight into the challenges he overcame and his influential legacy, "--NoveList.
May 25, 1977. A problem-plagued independent science-fiction film opened in a handful of movie theaters-- and became one of the biggest box-office-smashing movie franchises of all time. Lucas went on to develop the Indiana Jones series, and then transformed the worlds of special effects and movie sound. His entire career has been stimulated by innovators-- and Jones provides a behind-the-scenes look at the man who is as unmatched as his unforgettable characters.
- Lucas, George, 1944-
- Motion picture producers and directors
- Motion picture producers and directors—United States—Biography
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Entertainment & Performing Arts
- PERFORMING ARTS / Individual Director (see also BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Entertainment & Performing Arts)
- United States
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 479-529), filmography (pages 529-530), and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 17955089