Wet H²S cracking of carbon steels and weldments / Russell D. Kane, Richard J. Horvath, Michael S. Cayard, editors
- Additional Titles:
- Wet H2S cracking of carbon steels and weldments
- Houston, Tex. : NACE Internatiinal, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 1,042 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Cayard, Michael S., Horvath, Richard J., and Kane, R. D.
- WET H2S CRACKING IN REFINERY SERVICE: Effects of hydrogen generated by corrosion of steel / M. H. Bartz and C. E. Rawlins (1948) -- Hydrogen attack of steel in refinery equipment / R. T. Effinger et al. (1951) -- Hydrogen blistering of steel in hydrogen sulfide solutions / T. O. Skei and A. Wachter et al. (1953) -- Prevention of hydrogen attack on steel in refinery equipment / W. A. Bonner et al. (1953) -- Blistering and embrittlement of pressure vessel steels by hydrogen / G. A. Nelson and R. T. Effinger (1955) -- Deterrence of hydrogen blistering at a fluid catalytic cracking unit / B. W. Neumaier and C. M. Schillmoller (1955) -- Hydrogen diffusion corrosion problems in a fluid catalytic cracker and gas plant / E. F. Ehmke (1958) -- Use ammonium polysulfide to stop corrosion and hydrogen blistering / E. F. Ehmke (1981) -- An overview of hydrogen damage to steels at low temperatures / R. D. Merrick (1987) -- Prevention of cracking in wet H2S environments / R. D. Merrick and M. L. Bullen (1989) -- Review of hydrogen induced cracking of steels in wet H2S refinery service / R. D. Kane and S. M. Wilhelm (1989) --, WET H2S CRACKING IN OIL AND GAS PRODUCTION AND PIPELINES: Hydrostatic burst test of pipe with hydrogen induced corrosion / Y. Nakai, H. Kurhasi, and N. Totsuka (1982) -- Hydrogen-induced damage in sour, wet crude pipelines / E. M. Moore Jr. (1983) -- Hydrogen entry/blister crack formation in linepipes under high pressure and dynamic sour gas bearing environment / M. Shimizu et al. (1987) -- Determining the suitability of existing pipelines and producing facilities for wet sour service / R. R. Petrie and E. M. Moore Jr. (1989) -- Correlation of laboratory hydrogen induced cracking test environments with field sour gas environments using hydrogen permeation measurements / M. G. Hay (1991) -- Overview of hydrogen-induced cracking of pressure vessels in upstream operations / S. E. Mahmoud et al. (1991) -- Results of full scale testing and laboratory tests of line pipe steels / R. Popperling et al. (1991) -- Full scale evaluation of O.C.T.G. and line pipes in high pressure sour environments / A. Miyasaka et al. (1992) --, SULFIDE STRESS CRACKING/HYDROGEN EMBRITTLEMENT CRACKING IN HIGH STRENGTH STEELS OR HARD WELDMENTS: Hydrogen absorption, embrittlement and fracture of steel / A. E. Schuetz and W. D. Robertson (1957) -- Sulfide stress cracking causes failure of compressor components in refinery service / G. B. Kohut and W. J. McGuire (1968) -- Aqueous phase H2S cracking of hard carbon steel weldments - a case history / E. L. Hildebrand (1970) -- Weld cracking in a wet sulfide environment / D. J. Kotecki and D. G. Howden (1973) -- Sulfide corrosion cracking of linepipe for sour gas service / T. Taira et al. (1979) -- Hardness and stress corrosion cracking of ferritic steel / T. G. Gooch (1982) -- Rupture of a sour gas line due to stress-oriented hydrogen-induced cracking failure analyses, experimental results and corrosion prevention / W. Bruckhoff et al. (1985) -- Initiation and propagation morphology of sulfide stress corrosion cracking at welds on linepipe steels / K. Ume, T. Taira and T. Hyodo (1985) -- Pipeline failures in the grizzly valley sour gas gathering system / V. B. Lawson et al. (1987) -- Metallurgical factors controlling ssc resistance of high-strength, low-alloy steels / H. Asahi et al. (1989) -- Prediction of cracking resistance in steel weldments / M. I. Onsoien et al. (1990) --, ENVIRONMENTAL AND METALLURGICAL FACTORS IN HYDROGEN-INDUCED CRACKING: Hydrogen-induced cracking of steels under wet hydrogen sulfide environment / E. Miyoshi et al. (1976) -- Influence of sulfur content on the hydrogen-induced fracture in linepipe steels / M. Iino (1979) -- The stepwise cracking of line-pipe steels in sour environments / G. Biefer (1982) -- Study on the evaluation of environmental condition of wet sour gas / T. Taira et al. (1983) -- Resistance of line pipe steels to wet sour gas / T. Taira et al. (1984) -- Corrosive H2S environments study by hydrogen permeation measurements correlation with hic and ssc test results / D. Petelot et al. (1986) -- Effect of environmental factors on hydrogen permeation in line pipe steel / M. Kimura et al. (1987) -- Clean steel to resist hydrogen embrittlement / J. Charles et al. (1990) -- What's behind the corrosion of microalloy steel weldments? / R. D. Kane, J. P. Ribble, and M. J. Schofield (1991) -- Inhibition of absorption of hydrogen by steels in wet H2S refinery environments / S. M. Wilhelm and D. Abayarathna (1992) -- Role of solution pH on wet H2S cracking in hydrocarbon production / Z. A. Foroulis (1993) -- Characterization of hydrogen charging severity in simulated wet H2S refinery environments / R. D. Kane and D. Abayarathna (1994) -- Evaluation of advanced plate steels for resistance to HIC and SOHIC in wet H2S environments / R. D. Kane et al. (1994) -- Characterization and monitoring of cracking of steel equipment in wet H2S service / M. S. Cayard and R. D. Kane (1995) --, HYDROGEN-RELATED CRACKING IN SOUR AMINE SYSTEMS: Problems with pressure vessels in sour gas service (case histories) / A. J. R. Rees (1977) -- Process corrosion control: corrosion in amine/sour gas treating contractors / W. R. Schmeal et al. (1978) -- Failure analysis of an amine-absorber pressure vessel / H. I. McHenry et al. (1987) -- Toward a better understanding of the cracking behavior of carbon steel in alkanolarnine sour gas sweetening units: its detection. monitoring and how to avoid it / P. J. Teevens (1990) -- Crack inspection of sour and amine service vessels in hydrocarbon production operations / C. F. Miller and E. Sperling (1992) -- Hydrogen damage inspection and evaluation of a H2S absorber column / J. L. Hau and C. H. Molina (1992) --, LABORATORY TESTING METHODS FOR WET H2S CRACKING: Factors influencing the hydrogen cracking sensitivity of pipeline steels / E. M. Moore and J. J. Warga (1976) -- Results of interlaboratory sulfide stress cracking using the NACE T-1F-9 proposed test method / J. B. Greer (1981) -- The effect of test specimen orientation on the hydrogen-induced cracking rating of linepipe steel in the NACE TM0284-84 test / Y. Weng and B. E. Wilde (1988) -- Evaluation method of hydrogen-induced cracking susceptibilities of steels for pipe lines and pressure vessels / A. Ikeda et al. (1989) -- Correlation between SSC test results obtained by various stress application techniques / A. Miyasaka and H. Ogawa (1991) -- A round robin laboratory assessment of hydrogen-induced cracking and sulphide stress corrosion cracking of line pipe steels - results variation and proposals for a modified test standard / C. J. Bennett and A. Brown (1991) -- "Full-ring" test evaluation of linepipe steels for sour service / J. D. Harston et al. (1992) -- Hydrogen permeation/concentration effects in line pipe and pressure vessel steels as a result of wet sour corrosion / C. Christensen et al. (1992) -- Test procedures for evaluation of resistance of steels to cracking in wet H2S environments / R. D. Kane, M. S. Cayard, and M. Prager (1994) --, and INSPECTION AND SERVICEABILITY OF WET H2S EQUIPMENT: Approach to determine the fitness for service of pipeline steels with respect to hydrogen-related cracking / K. Van Gelder et al. (1989) -- Case history - FCCU absorber deethanizer tower hydrogen blistering and stepwise cracking / J. T. Bulla and J. T. Chikos (1989) -- Toughness characteristics of hydrogen-charged pressure vessel steels / M. J. Humphries et al. (1989) -- Update on refinery inspection techniques / N. O. Cross and P. A. Collins (1989) -- Serviceability analysis of LPG sphere with hydrogen sulfide cracking / M. Mehler (1990) -- Ways to deal with wet H2S cracking revealed by study / G. M. Buchheim (1990) -- Engineering critical assessment of pressure vessels in sour service / R. W. MacDonald et al. (1991) -- Fitness-for-purpose assessment procedure for hydrogen blisters / J. R. Gordon (1992) -- Fitness-for-service assessment of environmentally assisted corrosion cracking in a refinery mixed butane storage tank / M. M. Kunjapuretal. (1992) -- Fracture prediction of a burst test on a vessel containing flaws / A. G. Glover et al. (1992) -- Reliability assessment of wet H2S refinery and pipeline equipment: a knowledge-based systems approach / R. D. Kane and S. Srinivasan (1992) -- A critical issue in pipeline rehabilitation: implications of corrosion-induced damage / R. D. Kane, M. S. Cayard, and R. G. Asperger (1993) -- Effects of aqueous H2S on fitness-for-service and remaining life of refinery carbon steel pressure vessels / O. A. Onyewuenyi (1993).
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 1797209