Mediamaking : mass media in a popular culture / Lawrence Grossberg, Ellen Wartella, D. Charles Whitney
- Grossberg, Lawrence
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 442 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wartella, Ellen
Whitney, D. Charles (David Charles), 1946-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Preface -- Media in context -- Narratives of media history -- Media people and organizations -- Media and money -- Meaning -- The interpretation of meaning -- Ideology -- Producing identities -- Consuming the media -- Media and behavior -- Debates over media effects -- Media and politics -- The media and the public -- Normative theories of the media -- Media globalization.
- 0761911766 (acid-free paper)
0761911774 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 409-421) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Harrisburg copy: Purchased with funds from the Library of the Future Campaign; 20034.
View MARC record | catkey: 1803723