I saw the light / Sony Pictures Classics and Ratpac Entertainment present ; in association with CW Media Finance ; a Bron Studios and Ratpac Entertainment production ; produced by Brett Ratner, Aaron L. Gilbert, Marc Abraham, G. Marq Roswell ; written and directed by Marc Abraham
- [Culver City, Calif.] : Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 124 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Abraham, Marc, 1949 May 28-
Gilbert, Aaron L.
Roswell, G. Marq
Olsen, Elizabeth, 1989-
Jones, Cherry, 1956-
Krumholtz, David, 1978-
Sony Pictures Classics (Firm)
RatPac-Dune Entertainment (Firm)
CW Media Finance
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English, French, Portuguese or Thai dialogue; Spanish, French, Mandarin, Portuguese, Thai, Korean or English subtitles; subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing; described video.
- The story of the legendary country western singer Hank Williams, who in his brief life created one of the greatest bodies of work in American music. The film chronicles his meteoric rise to fame and its ultimately tragic effect on his health and personal life.
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical surround Dolby digital 5.1
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file DVD video
- Form of work:
- Motion picture
- Audience Notes:
- Rating: R; for some language and brief sexuality/nudity CHV rating: 14A.
- Title from disc surface.
Based on the book "Hank Williams: the Biography" by Colin Escott with George Merritt and William MacEwen.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2015.
Special features: Talking Hank; Illuminating a legend: inside I saw the light; commentary with Marc Abraham.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Dante Spinotti ; editor, Alan Heim ; music, Aaron Zigman.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Tom Hiddleston, Elizabeth Olsen, Cherry Jones, Bradley Whitford, Maddie Hasson, Wrenn Schmidt, David Krumholtz.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, anamorphic widescreen (2.40:1); Dolby Digital 5.1, described video.
View MARC record | catkey: 18148138