Out of control : confrontations between Spinoza and Levinas / Richard A. Cohen
- Cohen, Richard A., 1950-
- New York : State University of New York Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 346 pages ; 24 cm.
- Levinas, Spinozism, Nietzsche, and the body -- Prophetic speech in Levinas and Spinoza (and Maimonides) -- Levinas and Spinoza: to love God for nothing -- Levinas and Spinoza: justice and the state -- Spinoza's Prince: for whom is the theological-political treatise written? -- Levinas on Spinoza's misunderstanding of Judaism -- Thinking least about death: mortality and morality in Spinoza, Heidegger, and Levinas -- Spinoza's spleen: "babies, fools, and madmen".
- 9781438461090 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
1438461097 (hardcover ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 317-322) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the George M. Middlemas Libraries Collections Endowment; 2016
- Endowment Note:
- George M. Middlemas Libraries Collections Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 18148512