Five easy theses : commonsense solutions to America's greatest economic challenges / James M. Stone
- Stone, James M. (James Martin)
- Boston ; New York : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 282 pages ; 22 cm
- Introduction and foundations -- Fiscal balance -- Inequality -- Education -- Health care -- Financial sector reform -- A concluding remark.
- America today confronts a host of urgent problems, many of them seemingly intractable, but some we are entirely capable of solving. Insurance executive and philanthropist James M. Stone presents specific, common-sense solutions to a handful of our most pressing challenges, showing how simple it would be to shore up Social Security, rein in an out-of-control financial sector, reduce inequality, and make healthcare and education better and more affordable. The means are right in front of us, Stone explains, in various policy options that -- if implemented -- could preserve or enhance government revenue while also channeling the national economy toward the greater good.
- 9780544749009 (hardcover)
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18148735