Critical theory today : a user-friendly guide / Lois Tyson
- Tyson, Lois, 1950-
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2015.
- Third edition.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 470 pages ; 25 cm
- 1. Everything you wanted to know about critical theory but were afraid to ask -- 1. Psychoanalytic criticism -- 3. Marxist criticism -- 4. Feminist criticism -- 5. New criticism -- 6. Reader-response criticism -- 7. Structuralist criticism -- 8. Deconstructive criticism -- 9. New historical and cultural criticism -- 10. Lesbian, gay, and queer criticism -- 11. African American criticism -- 12. Postcolonial criticism -- 13. Gaining an overview.
- "This thoroughly updated third edition of 'Critical Theory Today' offers an accessible introduction to contemporary critical theory, providing in-depth coverage of the most common approaches to literary analysis today, including: feminism; psychoanalysis; Marxism; reader-response theory; New Criticism; structuralism and semiotics; deconstruction; new historicism and cultural criticism; lesbian, gay, and queer theory; African American criticism and postcolonial criticism."--
- 9780415506748 (hardback ; alk. paper), 0415506743 (hardback ; alk. paper), 9780415506755 (pbk. ; alk. paper), and 0415506751 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18152380