Barbershop : the next cut / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures and New Line Cinema present a State Street Pictures/Cube Vision production ; a Malcolm D. Lee film ; produced by Robert Teitel, p.g.a., George Tillman Jr., p.g.a., Ice Cube, p.g.a. ; written by Kenya Barris & Tracy Oliver ; directed by Malcolm D. Lee
- Additional Titles:
- Next cut
- New York, NY : New Line Cinema, 
Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (112 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lee, Malcolm D., 1970-
Barris, Kenya, 1974-
Tillman, George, 1969-
Ice Cube (Musician)
Cedric, the Entertainer, 1965-
Thomas, Sean Patrick
Anderson, Anthony, 1970-
New Line Cinema Corporation
State Street Pictures
Cube Vision (Firm)
Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English or Spanish dialogue; Spanish, English or French subtitles; subtitled for the deaf and hard of hearing; described video.
- It's been more than ten years since our last appointment at Calvin's Barbershop. Calvin and his longtime crew are still there, but the shop has undergone some major changes. Most noticeably, our once male-dominated sanctuary is now co-ed. The ladies bring their own flavor, drama and gossip to the shop challenging the fellas at every turn. Despite the good times and camaraderie within the shop, the surrounding community has taken a turn for the worse.
- Related Titles:
- Container of (work): Barbershop, the next cut (Motion picture)
Container of (expression): Barbershop, the next cut (Motion picture). Spanish
- Sound Characteristics:
- digital optical surround Dolby Audio 5.1
- Video File Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file DVD video region 1
- Form of work:
- Motion picture
- Audience Notes:
- Rating: PG-13; for sexual material and language.
CHV rating: 14A.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2016.
Special features: The next cut: barbershop bootcamp; Deleted scenes with Malcolm D. Lee; Gag reel.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Greg Gardiner ; editor, Paul Millspaugh ; music, Stanley Clarke.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Ice Cube, Cedric The Entertainer, Regina Hall, Sean Patrick Thomas, Anthony Anderson, Eve.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; described video.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2016
View MARC record | catkey: 18152513