An unexpected wilderness : Christianity and the natural world / Colleen Mary Carpenter, editor
- Maryknoll : Orbis Books, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 209 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Carpenter, Colleen Mary
- College Theology Society annual ; 2015, VOLUME 61
- Part I. Naming our new era -- Part II. Virtues for the wilderness -- Part III. Spiritual practices for a changing earth -- Part IV. The human person in the community of creation -- Part V. Exploring a particular wilderness. and Introduction: At home in the wilderness / Colleen Mary Carpenter -- Spirit wilds: climate and theology / Catherine Keller -- A broken promise: the art of Samuel Bak and spirituality in the anthropocene / Elizabeth Groppe -- From the autochthonous to the apocalyptic: toward a radical ecotheology / J. Leavitt Pearl -- Resilience: virtue in the unexpected wilderness / Agnes M. Brazal -- "You want to get religion, go in the wilderness": Delores Williams and hope in the midst of ecological despair / Bridget E. O'Brien -- Good chaos, bad chaos, and the meaning of integrity in both / Nancy M. Rourke -- Spirituality for a suffering earth: death, grief, and transformation / Julia Brumbaugh -- From tourists to pilgrims and monks: the need to cultivate a spirituality of rootedness / Katherine A. Greiner -- "Preach good news to all creation" (Mark 16:15) / Regina A. Boisclair -- A celebration of the life and work of Father Thomas Berry, CP: his contribution to a creation theology for an ecological age / David Gentry-Akin -- The cry of the poor in the Amazon: Boff, Sobrino, Stang, and Laudato Si' / John Thiede -- Wilderness in public theology: a dialogical approach / Mary Doak and Thomas Hughson -- Wilderness or wasteland? Assessing contemporary resource extraction in light of the Appalachian pastoral This Land Is Home to Me (1975) / Jessica A. Wrobleski -- The border between wilderness and garden: cultivating a Benedictine spirituality of the land / Christine M. Fletcher -- Sisters in the wilderness: toward a theology of depression with Delores Williams / Jessica Coblentz.
- 9781626981652 (pbk.) and 1626981655 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 18152568