On prophets, warriors, and kings : former prophets through the eyes of their interpreters / edited by George J. Brooke and Ariel Feldman
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 268 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Brooke, George J.
- Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft, 0934-2575 ; volume 470
- Reconfiguring Solomon in the royal fiction of Ecclesiastes / Timothy J. Sandoval -- The comeback of comebacks: David, Bathsheba, and the prophets in the Song of Songs / Serge Frolov -- Killing the father: gender and the figure of Solomon in Ben Sira's hymn to the fathers / Claudia V. Camp -- The book of Judges in early Jewish interpretation: the contribution of the Dead Sea scrolls / Ariel Feldman -- Zedekiah, covenant, and the scrolls from Qumran / George J. Brooke -- Dethroning David and enthroning Messiah: Jewish and Christian perspectives / George J. Brooke, Hindy Najman -- Probing the former prophets with a new online tool for the study of Biblical quotations and allusions to the Dead Sea scrolls / Ariel Feldman, Faina Feldman, Joseph McDonald, Ron Serino -- Septuagint Joshua and Matthew's Jesus: salvation and land wars? / Warren Carter -- Elijah, Ezekiel, and Romulus: Luke's flesh and bones (Luke 24:39) in light of ancient narratives of ascent, resurrection, and apotheosis / Shelly Matthews -- King Manasseh of Judah in early Judaism and Christianity / Matthias Henze -- "A running thread of ideals": Joshua and the Israelite conquest in American history / Scott M. Langston.
- 9783110375961 (hardcover 23 x 15,5 ; alk. paper) and 3110375966 (hardcover 23 x 15,5 ; alk. paper)
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18152666