Takeda 25th anniversary commemorative collection
- Additional Titles:
- Takeda twenty-fifth anniversary commemorative collection
- [Kalamazoo, Michigan] : Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 sound file)
- Additional Creators:
- Ivey, Mel
Arnold, Craig S.
Dvořák, Antonín, 1841-1904
Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus, 1756-1791. Selections
Curtis-Smith, C. (Curtis), 1941-2014
Bizet, Georges, 1838-1875
Stravinsky, Igor, 1882-1971
Mahler, Gustav, 1860-1911
Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra
Western Michigan University. Grand Chorus
- Language Note:
- The 2nd work is sung in Latin and the 6th work is sung in German.
- Carnival overture, op. 92 / Dvořák (9:34) -- Requiem mass in D minor, K. 626. Kyrie ; Dies Irae / Mozart (10:03) -- Sinfonia concertante. Ghosts (Rice field at Phnom Penh) / C. Curtis-Smith (5:16) -- Carmen. Prelude act I / Bizet (2:25) -- La sacre du printemps = The rite of spring. Sacrificial dance of the chosen one / Stravinsky (4:46) -- Symphony no. 2 in C minor ("Resurrection") / Mahler (33:25).
- This collection comprises archival recordings of live performances that are among the highlights of Maestro Takeda's tenure as Music Director of the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra.
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra ; Yoshimi Takeda, conductor (1st & 3rd-5th works). Beverly Rinaldo, soprano ; Western Michigan University Grand Chorus ; Mel Ivey, director (2nd work). Susan Anthony, soprano ; Cynthia Anderson, mezzo-soprano ; Western Michigan University Grand Chorus ; Craig S. Arnold, director (6th work).
- Data/Place of Event:
- 1st work recorded 1994 April 24 Irving S. Gilmore International Keyboard Festival.
2nd work recorded 1988 March 22.
3rd work recorded 1997 March 21.
4th work recorded 1998 September 25.
5th work recorded 1990 October 26.
6th work recorded 1994 April 8.
View MARC record | catkey: 18153428