The handbook of global outsourcing and offshoring [electronic resource] : the definitive guide to strategy and operations / Ilan Oshri, Professor of Technology and Globalisation, Loughborough University, UK, Julia Kotlarsky, Professor of Technology and Global Sourcing, Aston University, UK, Leslie P. Willcocks, Professor of Management, London School of Economics, London, UK.
- Oshri, Ilan
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- 3rd edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Kotlarsky, Julia and Willcocks, Leslie
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Making a Sourcing Decision -- 1.Overview of the Global Sourcing Marketplace -- 2.Sourcing Models: What and When to Outsource or Offshore -- 3.Country Attractiveness for Sourcing -- 4.The Attractiveness of Western Countries for Outsourcing Services and Backsourcing -- pt. II Building Sourcing Competencies -- 5.Supplier Configurations and Capabilities -- 6.Supplier Selection, Retained Management Capabilities and Legal Issues -- 7.Leveraging Knowledge and Expertise -- pt. III Managing Sourcing Relationships -- 8.The Outsourcing Life Cycle and the Transition Phase -- 9.Governance of Outsourcing Relationships -- 10.Managing Globally Distributed Teams -- 11.Captive and Shared Service Centres -- 12.Innovation Through Outsourcing.
- "The expansion of outsourcing and offshoring, and the emergence of new sourcing models are challenging existing management practices. It has become increasingly important to understand the phenomena, not least as a basis for suggesting what directions it will take, its impacts, how it has been conducted, and how its management can be better facilitated. This book offers a broad perspective on various issues relating to the sourcing of IT and business processes and services in a company, national and global context. Now in its third edition, this is the only outsourcing and offshoring book to offer a broad but coherent guide to the strategy, operations and management of ITO and BPO outsourcing and offshoring, from how to source new relationships to managing business processes in a national and global context."--
- 9781137437440 (electronic bk.)
1137437448 (electronic bk.)
View MARC record | catkey: 18154066