Straight-A study skills : more than 200 essential strategies to ace your exams, boost your grades, and achieve lasting academic success / Cynthia Clumeck Muchnick, and Justin Ross Muchnick
- Introduction: The purpose of school and how to master it -- Live life in the classroom -- Choose courses carefully -- Build teacher relationships -- Manage time efficiently -- Take good notes -- Write strong research papers -- Write compelling essays -- Study effectively -- Ace tests, quizzes, and final exams -- Excel beyond the classroom -- Appendix A: Taking a standardized test -- Appendix B: Resources -- Appendix C: Study calendar.
- This book promises a total transformation of student's study skills and academic habits through 200+ digestible entry-based tips for quick success. Instead of a traditional running text format, Straight-A Study Skills is arranged by broad topic (Tests, Taking Notes, In the Classroom, etc.) and then further subdivided into quick entries that highlight the most essential take-aways, without being too wordy or confusing. Every page will have something that students can quickly read and apply, without having to sort through filler material.
- 9781440552465 (pbk.) and 1440552460 (pbk.)
- "Contains material adapted and abridged from The Everything Guide to Study Skills, by Cynthia Clumeck Muchnick"--Title page verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18154118