Sustainability Science: Field Methods and Exercises [electronic resource] / edited by Miguel Esteban, Tomohiro Akiyama, Chiahsin Chen, Izumi Ikeda, Takashi Mino
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 243 pages 52 illustrations, 25 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Esteban, Miguel, Akiyama, Tomohiro, 1958-, Chen, Chiahsin, Ikeda, Izumi, Mino, Takashi, 1954-, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Theories, Concepts and Methodologies in Sustainability Science -- 2. Global Field Exercises -- Resilience Exercises -- 3. Sustainability Science Field Exercises.
- This book builds up on the experience and lessons learnt by academics at the Graduate Program in Sustainability Science, Global Leadership Initiative (GPSS-GLI) at the University of Tokyo. A number of scholars in the new field of sustainability science describe how field methods and exercises are carried out in this discipline, together with the theoretical basis for such exercises. Case studies of various countries around the world where these exercises are carried out are showcased, emphasizing the various socio-economic considerations and problems facing humanity and possible ways forward to build more sustainable and resilient societies. The final objective is to enrich the field of sustainability science by describing the novel aspects used in the field exercises carried out by practitioners of this cross-disciplinary field.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 18154351