The Land of Fertility I : South-East Mediterranean since the Bronze Age to the Muslim Conquest / edited by Małgorzata Kajzer, Łukasz Miszk and Maciej Wacławik
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK : Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2016.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 140 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Kajzer, Małgorzata, Miszk, Łukasz, Wacławik, Maciej, Uniwersytet Jagielloński, and Land of fertility (2014 : Jagiellonian University, Kraków)
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I At the Dawn of Civilisation -- ch. One Pottery from the Early Dynastic Cemetery at Tell el-Murra: Seasons 2011 -- 2014 / Magdalena Kazimierczak -- ch. Two Results of Recent Field Research at Gebelein / Piotr Witkowski -- pt. II In the Power of Great Empires -- ch. Three Role of the Pharaoh as the Feeder of His People / Filip Taterka -- ch. Four Greeks Mercenaries and Pirates of the Archaic Period (8th -- 6th centuries BC) in the Lands of the Fertile Crescent: A Study of Interregional Contacts / Wawrzyniec Miscicki -- ch. Five Second Syrian War in the Light of Numismatic Evidence / Alicja Jurkiewicz -- ch. Six Coinage of Obodas III (30 -- 9 BC) / Barbara Zajac -- ch. Seven Provincial Coinage of Cyprus under Augustus / Szymon Jellonek -- pt. III Under the Wings of an Eagle -- ch. Eight Historian's Perspective on Egyptian Thebes in Book I of Diodorus Siculus' Bibliotheka Historica / Victoria Rotar -- ch. Nine Changes in the Eastern Mediterranean contacts during the Hellenistic and Roman Periods based on oil lamps' finds from Cyprus -- preliminary remarks / Malgorzata Kajzer -- ch. Ten Loomweights from the East Mediterranean: Looking for Meaning of Iconography / Lukasz Miszk -- ch. Eleven Looking for a lost weight / Maciej Waclawik.
- "The papers in the volume are based on presentations at an international conference entitled The Land of Fertility: South-East Mediterranean since the Bronze Age to the Muslim Conquest, held at the Institute of Archaeology, Jagiellonian University in Kraków in 7-8 June, 2014."--Pref.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 123-140).
View MARC record | catkey: 18154702