Foew & ombwhnw : a grammar of the mind and a phenomenology of love and a science of the arts as seen by a stalker of the wild mushroom / by Dick Higgins
- Higgins, Dick, 1938-1998
- Additional Titles:
- Foew and ombwhnw, Foew&ombwhnw, and Spelled-out title from publisher's preface: Freaked out electronic wizards & other marvelous bartenders who have no wings
- New York : Something Else Press, 1969.
- Copyright Date:
- © 1969
- Physical Description:
- 320 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Something Else Press
- Fine Printing Collection.
- Printed in two-column pages making up four-column spreads, with four running narratives. Each of the four narratives contains a separate collection of essays, poetry, photographs, and illustrations. The book is bound into stiffened embossed paper made to look like leather, with white stuck-on headbands and title and publisher information stamped in gilt on the front and spine. A yin-yang symbol is stamped in gilt on the back cover. All edges stained red.
Conceptual art book by Higgins, an avant-garde poet and Fluxus artist, as well as founder of the Something Else Press. The book is reminiscent of a Bible externally, with pebbled black covers and edges dyed red.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased from Philadelphia Rare Books and Manuscripts; 2016.
Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the A. Howry and Erma Espenshade Memorial Libraries Endowment; 2016.
- Endowment Note:
- A. Howry and Erma Espenshade Memorial Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 18156311