Sound reproduction : loudspeakers and rooms / by Floyd E. Toole
- Toole, Floyd E.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xviii, 550 pages) : illustrations
- How to use this book; Part 1: Designing a Listening Experience; The Art is Almost Everything; Multi Channel Audio System Configurations; Loudspeakers -- Giving Voice to Music; Room Acoustics -- Modifying the Voice; The Loudspeaker/Room System -- Defining the Voice; Putting it All Together -- Designing Listening Experiences; Part 2: The Science of Audio -- Acoustics; The Basic of Sound and Sound Propagation; Acoustical Measurements -- Loudspeakers; Acoustical Measurements -- Rooms; Acoustical Materials; Part 2: The Science of Audio -- Psychoacoustics; Hearing; Evaluating Loudspeakers -- Listening Tests are Not Fun; Evaluating Loudspeakers -- Objective vs Subjective Measurements; Evaluating Surround Sound; The state of Our Art in Loudspeakers and Rooms: A Biased Summary; Bibliography: Index.
- Floyd Toole, a leading expert in the field of sound reproduction, explains how to design the best possible listening experience for recording control rooms and home entertainment systems. This comprehensive work considers the whole sound reproduction chain from multi channel audio configurations and the loudspeaker/room system to acoustics and psychoacoustics and the evaluation process. Part 1 shows the reader how to create the best listening experience, offering practical approaches to the sound reproduction chain. Parts 2 and 3 are an in-depth consideration of acoustics and psychoacoustics - the science behind Part 1. * How to design a great audio system - for a home entertainment system or a professional recording control room * Offers a comprehensive look at the sound reproduction chain offering practical advice and helpful graphics throughout * Learn from a leading expert in sound reproduction - Floyd Toole provides essential knowledge in a highly readable and entertaining style.
9780080888019 (electronic bk.)
0080888011 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 18156787